Support for Office 2010 is coming to an end this October, and Windows 7 reached the end of the support cycle in January, so now is the perfect opportunity to upgrade your devices and software in one go. We recommend attaching Office Home & Business 2019 to your Windows 10 devices, so all of you are guaranteed a complete solution, with a reliable device and easy-to-use everyday apps.
With the growing focus on preventing the spread of Coronavirus companies are preparing for employees self-isolating and working from home.
If your employees have a home computer there are several ways they can continue to work from home.
- Remote desktop access into a server – This is the best form of remote working as it has the highest level of security and doesn’t require the users p.c. to be left on. You may already have this is place but you should be aware that access is controlled by licenses. Once your license is reached no other user can access the system
- Remote desktop access into desktop computer – This works in a similar fashion to above but requires the users p.c. to remain on in the office
- Remote access software – You can purchase remote access software to allow access in to your computers. This also requires your p.c. to remain on in the office.
It should be noted that having all you users working from remote access will affect your internet bandwidth and you should ensure you have adequate capacity.
If you need any assistance in preparing for remote working please contact us. We can provide solutions for just a couple of p.c.’s through to a few hundred. We can also provide new internet connections and telephone systems.
Aston Berkeley Systems do have contingency arrangements in place to continue supporting you. If we are forced to self-isolate we will still have access to our computer and telephone systems. You will be able to contact us by our normal telephone number 01925 751111 or email – email@example.com
So, does working from home diminish your coronavirus infection risk?
Okay, I'm convinced. How do I switch to working from home during the coronavirus outbreak?
What happens once you get work-from-home status amid the coronavirus outbreak?
- Best Practices for Effective Remote Working Article - 15/10/2020
- Sage 50 2021 v27 - 03/09/2020
- Microsoft is killing OFF Internet Explorer after 25 years... - 01/09/2020
- We're having some issues with our main number. - 31/07/2020
- Office 2010 coming to an end so take your device further - 16/03/2020
- Coronavirus-covid-19 Isolation - Remote Workers - 13/03/2020
- Should You Really Work from Home Amid the Coronavirus Outbreak?
- Microsoft issues second 'final' Windows 7 update - 29/01/2020
- NSA finds 'extraordinarily serious security vulnerability' in Microsoft's Windows 10 - 20/01/2020
- Sage v18.104.22.168 Update & New Issues - 17/01/2020